BART offers three official apps.
The official BART app for trip planning, real time departures, advisories, contactless in-app parking payment, in-app notifications and more;
The BART Watch app to discreetly text police dispatch about illegal activity;
The BART to Airport app for discounted mobile tickets for group airport travel.
The free official BART app is available on both iOS App Store and Google Play Store to provide riders with a more seamless experience in our stations and on our trains. The BART App will provide comprehensive information and navigation into one unified platform with personalized preferences.
The official BART app offers riders end-to-end trip planning, real-time departures with data straight from BART, service advisories, the ability to save your favorite trips and stations, and contactless parking payment. The most exclusive features to the BART app that isn’t available on any other third-party app is BART’s Trip Planner offering end-to-end multi-modal trip itineraries. It allows BART riders, public transit users, and those who walk, bike or drive to our stations to plug in their starting point and destination to get the most transit-friendly and fastest route. The new Trip Planner includes 31 transit operators and provides interactive, personalized itineraries using the many modes of transportation and transit the Bay Area offers.
The BART app provides many exclusive features which will help answer and respond to some of our riders’ most pressing questions and issues:
- Real-time departures, schedule timetables, and fare calculator
- Customized in-app notifications about BART service and announcements
- Station information, including information on secured bike parking and car parking
- Escalator and elevator advisories
- Real-time service disruption information on the Trip Planner
- An indicator showing if an approaching train is a new Fleet of the Future train with 3 doors
- An indicator showing if a scheduled train run has been cancelled (available in real-time feed and the Trip Planner)
- Exclusive feature to pay for Daily Fee parking at all stations.
- Step by step navigation with personalized preferences and saved favorite stations and trips
- Ability to set favorites so user save time and key strokes
- Ability to plan a trip using more than one of the 30 transit systems in the Bay Area such as bus service, ferries, cable cars, and regional train systems
- Easily see the last train of the evening by station when planning a night out or trip home from the airport
- Report a Biohazard feature for items and messes that need immediate cleanup
- Spanish and Chinese translations
- It's ad free
- Seamless connection to bart.gov and BARTable for deals, events, and fun
Download the BART app
BART Watch is a free mobile app for both iOS and Android that allows you to quickly and discreetly report criminal or suspicious activity directly to BART Police. Use BART Watch to send a text description of what you're seeing, attach a picture and select from a list of locations and categories to assist BART Police in their response. Reports can be anonymous. The app is also available in Spanish and Chinese.
If you're in an area without cellular connectivity, your message will be stored and delivered as soon as connectivity returns. BART Watch is designed to send text messages before pictures so that the BART Police can receive reports as quickly as possible.
BART Watch allows you to report:
- Disruptive Behavior
- Robbery / Theft
- Lewd Behavior
- Unattended Bag or Package
- Illegally Parked Vehicle
For crimes in progress or emergencies, call 911, or program the BART Police Department toll-free number into your mobile phone to call quickly -- it's 877-679-7000
Download the BART Watch app
The BART to Airport app simplifies getting to and from the airport and it will save groups up to 25% on their BART trips to and from the airport. The app is a test of mobile ticketing at BART. Discounted tickets will be available for purchase through the app until further notice and must be used within 90 days of purchase.
Friends, families, and business travelers of two or more can use the BART to Airport app to purchase discounted tickets in advance for airport trips with the stored tickets on the buyer’s phone ready for use any time. The app offers the convenience of no paper tickets to keep track of, no need to carry cash and no need to wait in line at a ticket machine with the hassle of purchasing multiple tickets.
How it works
The BART to Airport app is fast, secure, and convenient. Riders just download the free app, register a debit card, credit card or PayPal account, then purchase a ticket. When they are ready to take BART, they activate the ticket and show it to a Station Agent as they enter and exit stations. The app calculates the discounted fare for you and the one mobile ticket is all you need for the entire group.
Groups must be travelling together and must be heading to or coming from the airport to use the app, the mobile ticket and to get the discount. Other BART discounts do not apply with use of the app and a visual inspection by a Station Agent is required- the app does not communicate with the fare gates.
Download the BART to Airport app